Wednesday 15 April 2020

vSphere 7 Coredump

vSphere 7 Coredump


I'm just tidying up my vSphere 7 upgraded Host. Found a few things like the following to clean up:

  • Format Datastores with VMFS 6
  • Upgrade virtual hardware of VMs to version 17
  • Fix Coredump error (detailed below)
  • Move Scratch Partition to allow original Datastore to be formatted
  • Upgrade Distributed vSwitch version
To fix the Coredump problem when I formatted my Datastores I ran the following commands:
This is from the following KB:

I've converted my VMs to Thin but am seeing that UNMAP is unsupported on one of my Datastores in the vmkernel.log. not sure if this applies to all my SSD drives or what, is it due to the H240 controller? I checked a few commands and there's a lot of "unsupported" listed so may be manual or not work. At least by formatting and moving things around it's free'd up a lot of space and I've cleaned down a lot of old VMs from previous labs hanging around. IF I find any way forward on the UNMAP I'll post it here.