Friday 9 January 2015

OneView and Active Directory integration

OneView Active Directory Integration


Hi, busy today. I've been bashing my head around trying to get AD integration with OneView 1.10 working for weeks now! I kept getting the same old error:

"Cannot authenticate the server with the given credentials, search context and certificate.
Verify that the server is active and the user credentials, search context and certificate are correct."

Failed Configuration:


I got time to lab this today and after checking a few guides I decided to try a slightly different value for the second field below and use CN for it, and it worked! As this was not reflective of the Production Environment I was working on I backtracked and created a similar structure and tested that too.

Working Configuration:

Now I needed to reference an OU two levels down, if I try and JUST reference my OU's it fails but I can combine a few here and I know CN=Users works. So I used this:

Working Final Configuration:


Now I can make the Active Directory the default login option and add any group under the Lab OU. I only have two levels but if I ALSO add the sub OU Groups, I can't see any of the groups inside it so choose an OU one level up (CN=Users+OU=Lab) instead of (CN=Users+OU=Lab,OU=Groups) for this to work as shown above. Now you can search for groups under that structure and add them in with appropriate permissions.

I wish I had this post weeks ago!